We are updating our policy on privacy 25 May 2018. Our new policy and current policy are at the bottom.
Your privacy is vital to us. A Catalan Center Luxembourg, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We inform you of the personal information that we request and collect personal information about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We want to be as simple as possible to control what information is shared publicly on your website (or keep private), indexed by search engines and permanently removed.
- We help protect you from the surplus of the government's demands for your personal information.
- We aim to collect as total transparency, use and share your personal information.
Catalan Luxembourg Centre:
- Social denomination: Centre Català de Luxemburg ASBL
- Fiscal Number: 2001 6103 916
- Registered Address: 88 Rue de la Semois, L-2533 Luxembourg City
- Activities: Cultural Association
- Email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website address is: https://www.ccluxemburg.cat
- Social profiles: Facebook, Twitter.
What personal information we collect and why
- If you create an account on one of our sites, you will be prompted to select a Username and provide your Email Address.
- When choosing a Username, we strongly advise you not use or include your real name. Usernames cannot be changed.
- Your Username and Email Address are stored in the website’s database. Your Email Address is used to send you an email with a link to set your password or to send you an email with a link to reset your password in the event you forget your password.
- Once an account is created, you must contact us to have it deleted.
- Accounts have a numeric User ID assigned to them when they are created. The User ID cannot be changed.
- You may optionally complete your Profile by providing your First Name, Last Name, Website (URL) and/or Biographical info. These additional details are also saved in the website’s database. You may edit these details, and your Email Address, in your Profile at any time.
- You may also choose how your name is displayed (your Display Name) to visitors to the site (e.g. in comments you create) in your Profile.
- Your Username, First Name, Last Name and Email Address are accessible by employees on the site.
- If you attempt to log in to our site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies at all. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- If you have an account and you log in to a site, we will set up several cookies to save your login information and some of your screen options. The logged-in cookies last for two days, and the screen options cookies last for a year.
- If you select “Remember Me” these cookies will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. It is important that you log out if you are using a public computer.
- For users that register on one of our sites, we also store the data they provide in their profile indefinitely. All registered users can see, change or delete most of that data at any time except their login name/nickname.
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- Comments may require manual approval by one of our employees or site owners.
- If you leave a comment on a site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies so we can recognise you as a commenter. These cookies will persist for one year.
- Your Profile Picture (Gravatar), Display Name, Website (URL) (if any) and Biographical Info (if any) may be visible to visitors to the website (e.g. if you leave a comment, forum post, or contribute an article/post).
- If you author an article/post, your Username, User ID, Profile Picture (Gravatar), Display Name, Website (URL) (if any) and Biographical Info (if any) are provided to any visitor using the website’s REST API interface.
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- Visitors using the website’s REST API interface can correlate uploaded media to a particular user. This may allow such visitors to map a user to a particular time and location if EXIF GPS location data was included in the uploaded media.
- Customers that email us, or use any of the contact forms on our websites, will have their email address, IP address, and any data provided in the contact form or body of the email stored in G Suite archives.
- We keep all email and chat communication indefinitely to help us provide support and improve our services. Individuals can request copies of any previous correspondence with us at any time.
If you leave a comment on the website, you can choose to save the name, the e-mail address and website cookies. This is for your convenience so that you do not fill the data again when making another comment. These cookies last year.
If you have an account and log into this website, a temporary cookie will be set to determine whether the browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data will be discarded when you close the browser.
When you log, also, various cookies to save your login information and display options screen. Login galleys last two days, cookies and display options last year. selecting “Remember me”, Login persist for two weeks. If you end the session, login cookies are deleted.
If you edit or publish an article, Added a cookie will be stored on your browser. This cookie does not include personal data simply indicates the identifier of the entry you just edited. Expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
With whom we share your information
We use third-party services (data processors) across our sites. The extent to which your data is shared with these providers depends on your use of our services, and we list the specific third-parties in use (with links to their privacy policies) in the sections below.
Each third-party provider has been vetted by our security team to ensure that privacy policies and practices meet or exceed the same levels of compliance and standards that we follow. Where appropriate and available, we hold additional signed Data Privacy Agreements with these companies as an additional layer of accountability in order to help ensure your data is safe and secure.
We disclose potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to our employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (and) need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf or to provide services, and (ii) that have agreed, in writing, not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using our websites and services, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. We will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone.
We may be required to disclose an individual’s personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If we ever were to engage in any onward transfers of your data with third parties for a purpose other than which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized, we would provide you with an opt-out choice to limit the use and disclosure of your personal data.
How long retain data
If you leave a comment, the review and meta data retained indefinitely. This is to recognize and automatically approve any comments for monitoring instead of keeping them in moderation queue.
For users who register on the website (if there is), It also stores personal information provided in your user profile. All users can see, edit or delete your personal information at any time (except that they can not change your username). Website administrators can also edit this information.
What rights do you have about your data
If you have an account on this site and have left comments, you can ask us to send a file to export your personal data, including any data you provide us with you. You can request that we delete any data we have about you. This does not include any information that we are required to retain for administrative purposes, legal or security.
Where to send your details
Feedback from visitors must be checked using an automated spam detection service.